Behind MustGoBoating is none other than your fellow local boater, William Glass, Louisville’s Boat & Yacht Agent. Ask William how he got into boating, and he’ll probably tell you he didn’t have a choice! He was just born into a large family of boaters and grew up on the Ohio.
William has been a part of our local boating community since “infant life jacket stage”. He was washing boats as a kid, rigging and turning wrenches as a teenager, and has since been assisting boat buyers and sellers, many of which are happy repeat clients. A few years back, William teamed up with his long-time friends at Marine Sales & Service, the area’s premier boat dealer.
What is MustGoBoating all about? William explains it as a state of mind. Boating fulfills our need to relax, have fun and get away quickly from the stresses of life—therefore we MustgoBoating!
MustGoBoating has partnered with Boat502 in a mutual quest to help local boaters, promote the great boating available on the Ohio River, and strengthen our local boating community by lending knowledge, tips, tricks and product reviews, with a side of nautical therapy.
Give us a follow on Facebook and Instagram to learn more and stay in touch.
So You Want to Be a Boater
- Boating Etiquette (https://www.discoverboating.com/resources/boating-etiquette-reading-between-the-rules)
- Boating Safety (https://www.discoverboating.com/ownership/safety)
- Launching (https://www.discoverboating.com/resources/boat-ramp-etiquette)
- Docking (https://www.boatingmag.com/12-top-docking-tips/)
- Trailering (https://www.discoverboating.com/ownership/towing-and-trailering)
- Cleaning (https://www.discoverboating.com/resources/boat-cleaning)
- Maintenance (https://www.discoverboating.com/ownership/maintenance)
- Boat Insurance (https://www.discoverboating.com/ownership/insurance)
- American Boating Association (https://americanboating.org/boatingpointer_rivernavigation.asp)
- Boating Magazine (https://www.boatingmag.com/special-concerns-for-boating-on-lakes-and-rivers/)
- Official Rules of the Ohio River (https://ohiodnr.gov/wps/portal/gov/odnr/discover-and-learn/land-water/ohio-river-watershed/boating-ohio-river)
- Rules for Kentucky Boaters (https://fw.ky.gov/FishBoatGuide/Pages/Boating.aspx)
- Rules for Indiana Boaters (https://www.usps.org/e_stuff/documents/in_boating_safety_requirements.pdf)
- 10 Tips for New Boaters (https://www.discoverboating.com/resources/boating-tips-for-beginners-and-new-boaters)
- Top-50 Boating Tips & Tricks (https://www.boatingmag.com/50-top-boating-tips-tricks/)
Most of my fellow boaters have never experienced “Bank Effect”, or have they?
I enjoy watching boaters deploy their handling skills in tight situations. Some remain calm, making steering and throttle corrections when faced with a surprise, while others exhibit a high level of drama. Knowing what creates the reason for making corrections is key to good handling skills and reduces the drama.